Tincan ‘Wilful White’ 2016

Blended White from New Zealand - Nelson
Review Date : 23-Nov-2017
Cloudy, light orange colour with some depth, a little lighter on the edge. The nose is fresh with bright aromas of savoury citrus fruits, yellow stonefruits and quince, with an amalgam of herbs, florals and yeasty-nutty lees. This has steely wet-stone elements adding to the freshness. Dry to taste and medium-bodied, the palate is crisp and steely, quite refreshing, with flavours of savoury citrus fruits, stonefruits and quince, with herb, nutty, lees and mineral notes. The palate has presence and some power, with lively acidity along with fine, grainy phenolic textures that grow as the wine flows. The structure and grip carry the wine to a dry, thirst-quenching, textural finish. This is a grainy textured, but fresh and lively Pinot Gris-based white wine with savoury citrus and stonefruit, quince, herb and leesy flavours. Serve with pork and veal over the next 2+ years. A blend of 60% Pinot Gris fermented on skins for 2 months, the remaining 40% a field blend of Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Gewurztraminer. 12.5% alc. 16.5+/20 Nov 2017 RRP $33.00

SUBSCRIBE
Latest wine reviews, news, events and more. 🍷
We respect your privacy.