Starborough Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2010

Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand - Marlborough
Review Date : 03-Jun-2014
James Jones gave the blending of this wine great consideration, as the Awatere fruit was especially powerful. And making 60% of the final wine, this is what comes through as the feature component. The remaining 40% was sourced from the o'Dwyers Farm vineyard. Youthful pale straw in colour, this is extremely tight and concentrated on nose, somewhat raw and unformed at this, yet with excellent intensity. The aromatics are pure, steely, nettles and herbs, classical Awatere in expression. On palate dry, with 4.5 g/L rs, this shows concentration and firmness, with bracing acidity. The palate's hard aspect will soften over the summer months. This has the potential to keep well and develop interest and nuances. 13.2% alc., this has 5% barrel fermentation. 1,200 cases made. 17.5/20 Oct 2010 RRP $21.95

SUBSCRIBE
Latest wine reviews, news, events and more. 🍷
We respect your privacy.