Silver Wing ‘Knee Trembler ‘Reserve’ Waipara Pinot Gris 2013

Pinot Gris from New Zealand - Canterbury & Waipara
Review Date : 28-Sep-2015
Full, moderately deep, golden-yellow colour, lighter on the rim. This has a full, broad and solidly packed bouquet with a complex amalgam of ripe yellow stonefruits and tropical fruits melded with talc botrytis, musk. Apricot kernels, savoury nutty elements and some smoke. The nose has depth and density and unfolds layers of funky complexity. Medium-sweet to taste, the palate is softly rich, full and weighty with a rich and rounded mouthfeel, unfolding waves of ripe yellow stonefuit flavours with nuts and smoke along with talc botrytis, musk and bitter stonefruit kernels. The palate is underlined by soft acidity which provides some energy, enhancing the richness and lusciousness, and the wine flows to a complex finish with savoury nutty and honied, musky notes. This is a fulsome, complex, idiosyncratic, medium-sweet Pinot Gris with savoury nutty flavours alongside honied, musky and talc botrytis layers. Serve with Middle Eastern fare over the next 4+ years. Fruit from Canterbury gravels, 86% Pinot Gris, one pick given skin contact, the other with botrytis affected fruit, 14% early-picked Chardonnay, barrel-fermented to 14.0% alc. and 30 g/L RS, the wine on lees for 12 months and aged 2 years in seasoned oak. 17.0+/20 Oct 2015 RRP $22.00

SUBSCRIBE
Latest wine reviews, news, events and more. 🍷
We respect your privacy.