Hochschule Geisenheim University ‘Einheitsweinprojekt’ Rotwein Trocken 2014

Pinot Noir from Germany
Review Date : 01-Oct-2015
Moderately deep, dark garnet red colour, paler on edge. The nose is softly full with aromas of savoury strawberry and red cherry fruit intermixed with red floral and herbal elements, with pepper nuances at the core. Medium-light bodied, the palate is fresh and lively with bright acidity, enhancing the openly accessible, sweet and up-front flavours of strawberries and cherries. Red florals provide lift and herbal nuances lend piquancy. As the wine flows, fine, grainy tannins emerge and the fruit fades, the palate carrying to a light, dry-textured finish with lingering sweet cherry elements. This is a fresh, light Pinot Noir-based wine with strawberry and cherry fruit flavours and a light, dry-textured finish. Serve with antipasto and charcuterie over the next 2 years. 90% Pinot Noir with the remaining 10% made up of Domina and Regent, with Qualitatswein to Auslese level components. Fruit from all 13 German winegrowing regions. 12.0% alc. 14.5-/20 Sep 2015 RRP $N/A

SUBSCRIBE
Latest wine reviews, news, events and more. 🍷
We respect your privacy.