Running since 2000, the Central Otago Pinot Noir Celebration has become one of the country’s premier wine events and celebrates Central Otago Pinot Noir, cuisine and the land. It is a consumer-based event open to all with a keen appreciation of wine and food. The 2012 event will be held in Queenstown from 26 to 28 January. The registration cost is $1,196.00 if done before 1 December, and $1,380.00 for registrations after 1 December.
The programme features an optional Central Otago Masterclass (an extra $90.00), a Grand Tasting with 40 participating wineries showcasing a 2010 and older Pinot Noir, a formal tasting of Burgundies, special winery and restaurant lunches and a Grand Dinner and Charity Auction. The activities are centred in and around Queenstown. Full programme details can be seen on the website www.pinotcelebration.co.nz
Leading international wine commentators Joanna Simon and Tim Atkin from the U.K., Chantal Chi from China, Gregory dal Piaz from the U.S.A., Debra Meiburg from Hong Kong, and Jane Faulkner from Australia will be present.
- Jean-Marc Boillot Pommard 1er ‘Rugiens’ 2006
- Comte Armand Pommard 1er ‘Clos des Epeneaux’ 2006
- Henri Gouges Nuits-St-Georges 1er ‘Les St-Georges’ 2006
- Thibault Liger-Belair Nuits-St-Georges 1er ‘Les St-Georges’ 2006
- Amiot Servelles Chambolle-Musigny 1er ‘Amoureuses’ 2006
- Sylvie Esmonin Gevrey-Chambertin 1er ‘Clos St-Jacques’ 2006